We use your personal information in order to fulfil our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest service experience. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
2. The Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to personal information regarding guests and the other individuals with whom we do business or who visit us and to the use of that personal information in any form – whether oral, electronic or written.
This Policy gives effect to Lonrho’s commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all of the separate and distinct legal entities that manage, operate, franchise, own and/or provide services to the various Lonrho Hotels properties in Africa. Those entities include Lonrho Hotels and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, and all of the separate and distinct legal entities that own the individual Lonrho properties in Africa, whether branded Lonrho or not. References to “Lonrho”, “we” and “our” throughout this Policy, depending upon the context, collectively refer to those separate and distinct legal entities, including the entity with which you have made your booking.
If we disclose the personal information we hold about you to other of our affiliated hospitality businesses, those entities must first have agreed to be bound by this Policy with respect to their processing of your personal information.
While this Policy is intended to describe the broadest range of our information processing activities globally, those processing activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws. For example, the laws of a particular country may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that personal information. In those instances, we adjust our internal policies and/or practices to reflect the requirements of local law.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, nationality and passport and visa information;
- guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and holiday preferences), telephone numbers dialled and faxes and telephone messages received;
- any information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services);
- information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems;
- contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g., travel agents or meeting and event planners); and
- in limited cases, information relating to the credit of customers. Most of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides to us. However, in some instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or on our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party.
There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the privacy laws of some countries. Those laws define “Sensitive Personal Information” to mean personal information from which we can determine or infer an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union or professional association, physical or mental health or condition, genetic data, sexual life or judicial data (including information concerning the commission or alleged commission of a criminal offence). We only process “Sensitive Personal Information” in your jurisdiction if and to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.